Friday, October 23, 2009

Homemade Playdough...

I made a batch of homemade playdough a week or so ago...and Nephew Brian and I have been having lots of fun, sitting at the kitchen table in the mornings and afternoons making all sorts of things: animals, snowmen, trains, faces... The recipe is one I found online; very easy and makes alot of playdough. I coloured it with food colouring... they also reccomend colouring it with Kool-Aid which will give it a great smell..
4 cups flour
1 cup salt
4 cups water
1/2 cup cream of tartar OR 1/4 cup baking soda and 1/4 cup baking powder

Mix all ingredients in a saucepan. Cook and stir over low/medium heat until the dough is completely formed and no longer sticky. This took about 20-25 minutes for me.
Let the dough cool slightly before storing in either an airtight container or zip bags.





I made a 'portrait' of Brian. It looks exactly like him don't you think?
I am heading up to Burlington,Vermont this weekend to visit my son at college. I'm going to be traveling with my sister, Brian's mom. It's our first road trip together which should be interesting. We're planning some farm market and antique store stops and hoping for halfway decent weather.
Can't wait to see Wyeth and catch up...and tour Burlington too.
Have a great weekend everyone.



2 comments:

  1. How was your trip? I hope everything was fine :)
    I love what you and your nephew made!! it looks so funny! I should try it with my son. But I'm afraid it will be difficult to find the ingredients in Italy.. let's see,,,, if i have some doubt in the translation of ingredients can you help me?
    the colors look so brilliant and amazing :)
    big huhs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Allison. I hope you try the playdough w/ your son. It's so much fun. I think you should be able to find everything: flour,baking soda and powder.The food colouring I used was Bright Spring colours.
    My trip was awesome. I'll post about it soon.

    ReplyDelete